Friday, March 27, 2015

Big op & the return of "crowd control"

I remember speaking about basic "crowd control" techniques here: give your enemies some little puny dummy fields to break, keep them busy with some specific portals (leveraging their ownership-related and battle-related ego) and they will be lured away from the real winning moves.
And again, with Resistance agents out here, it proved to be pretty easy to do and pretty effective.
I've recently had the opportunity to do that again: it all culminated yesterday when we successfully completed the umpteenth cell-dominating operation, prepared and performed by my faction-mates while I kept a couple of opponents distracted.

In the last few days, I've been repeatedly attacking towns around mine, creating several <=50 kMU fields and insisting in capturing and defending specific portals, which led the opponents into wasting time trying continuously to tear them down and retaliate against me.
While I kept this struggle raging, I've been keeping an eye on the preparation of the main operation... I was happy to see my faction-mates planning and organizing everything undisturbed by opponents who were cluelessly focusing on me.

Yesterday night I set off for the jillionth attack to vaporize almost all blue MU in a nearby city and to create my jillionth little field, a little above ~8 kMU, just to "stay in the limelight" and keep the enemy eyes focused on me.
Screenshot of that little field is here on the left:
• top side: 13.4 Km (8.32 mi)
• right side: 9.32 Km (5.79 mi)
• left side: 19.6 Km (12.17 mi)
Created at 10:13 PM CET, as of now (10:30 AM CET) it's still up, two checkpoints covered (02:00 AM CET and 07:00 AM CET).
Then I spent the rest of the night with other friends of mine and eventually went to bed after a quick clear-up of a couple of remaining blue portals on the way back home.

I woke up at 02:00 AM CET to see the cell-dominating masterpiece from my faction-mates, pictured here on the right:
• top side: ~41 Km (~25.5 mi)
• right side: ~67 Km (~41.5 mi)
• left side: ~63 Km (~39 mi)
• layers: 3
• MU: 780,000+
And this one is still up too!

Congratulations everybody, it's a honour and a pleasure to be a part of this team!

No comments:

Post a Comment